Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. ~2 Timothy 2:15

About Me

I am a young man who is following God's call into pastoral ministry. I have been so blessed with the privileges which the Lord has granted me. I am blessed to serve the Mt. Joy congregation in Mt. Pleasant, PA. I am constantly humbled and amazed at what the Lord is doing in my life.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Why?

There are two questions which every new blogger must answer upon putting his fingers on the keyboard and starting a blog: 1) Why create and write a blog and 2) What will anyone benefit from reading it.

1) Why Blog?
No, I am not caving into peer pressure and joining the blog bandwagon. This has been something I have pondered for months now as I have a strong desire to teach others God's Word. God has made it clear to me in several ways that He has gifted me to be a pastor-teacher (Eph 4:11). I resonate with the apostle Paul in that I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel (I Corinthians 9:16). This led me to consider starting a blogy where I could share my gleanings from my studies with others and possibly serve as a tool for the Lord to use to help others understand His Word. Also, I constantly have devotions and different thoughts running through my mind each day and week and a blog would provide a necessary outlet for me to get my thoughts down.

2) What Benefits May Come From This Blog
I do not claim to have all of the answers or to be right about everything. I am just a student who desires to understand God's Word and teach it to others. As Paul states, For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away (I Corinthians 13:9-10). Until we see the Lord "face to face" in glory we will not have a knowledge of everything. But we need to diligently seek the Spirit's guidance and seek to study to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15). My hope is that God can use me as an instrument as I share with insights I have gleaned from His Word in my own personal studies both in my classes and outside of them.

I cannot promise how often I will blog. That all depends on a variety of things: inspiration for the week, amount of time the Lord grants to blog, and other occurrences. But I will try to commit to post something at least once a week if not more. Just check back periodically. I look forward to studying God's Word with you. May the Holy Spirit guide us into understanding the wonderful treasures God has for us in His Word!

In Christ,
Lee Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: