Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. ~2 Timothy 2:15

About Me

I am a young man who is following God's call into pastoral ministry. I have been so blessed with the privileges which the Lord has granted me. I am blessed to serve the Mt. Joy congregation in Mt. Pleasant, PA. I am constantly humbled and amazed at what the Lord is doing in my life.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Just For Fun: "If You Give A Pastor A Pulpit"

A few weeks ago after Prayer Meeting, several of the group noticed the popular children's books, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" displayed in the widow of the church library. This started a conversation as to what the title would be in reference to a pastor. One man looked at me and suggested that it would read "If You Give a Pastor A Fork" since pastors are known to eat alot (and since supposedly I wind up eating something at just about every widow's home that I visited in). I then suggested that it should be "If You Give A Pastor A Pulpit." Well, my creative mind went to work and later on that week, I put together my own little story based on that title. It has sat on my desk for weeks now and I had forgotten it until I cleaned it. Perhaps this might bring a smile and laugh today.

If you give a pastor a pulpit . . .

He will want an hour to go with it.

He will need his Bible.

He will then take time to study to seek to understand what God has said.

After working a while, he may need to take a break and get a snack.

He will probably wind up talking to someone in the congregation longer than he planned.

He will then remember his sermon and get back to work.

After working on this week’s sermon, he will probably find ideas for next week’s.

He will then need the pulpit again . . .

No comments: