Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. ~2 Timothy 2:15

About Me

I am a young man who is following God's call into pastoral ministry. I have been so blessed with the privileges which the Lord has granted me. I am blessed to serve the Mt. Joy congregation in Mt. Pleasant, PA. I am constantly humbled and amazed at what the Lord is doing in my life.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Thought to Ponder

In chatising the Corinthian church for their pride, Paul asks this question: What do you have that you did not receive? ~1 Corinthians 4:7. Everything we have is a gift from God; each breath we breathe, our families, our car, and our money and job. In fact, when God providentially permitted Satan to take everything away from Job (except his wife who really wasn't much help in his time of pain), he recognized that none of it belonged to him. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away (Job 1:21). It really was God's possessions that He had given to him. I wonder how much our attitudes towards the way we spend our money and time would be different if we realized that they were God's, given for the purpose of glorifying Him? How much more humble would we be knowing that they are gifts that we did not earn?

No comments: