Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. ~2 Timothy 2:15

About Me

I am a young man who is following God's call into pastoral ministry. I have been so blessed with the privileges which the Lord has granted me. I am blessed to serve the Mt. Joy congregation in Mt. Pleasant, PA. I am constantly humbled and amazed at what the Lord is doing in my life.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ten Reasons Why You Should Study Theology

A comment I hear quite often which greatly disturbs me is: "I hate theology." Even more unfortunate is that I hear several Bible College and Seminary students utter such words. I honestly do not believe that any Christian truly believes such a statement. They may hate "theological systems," which I myself am not a fan of (I have yet to find such a system I can completely agree with or place myself in. Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology both have problems biblically). The word "theology" comes from the words "theos" meaning "God" and "logos" meaning "word," in essence being "words about God" or "the study of God." And every born-again Christian should have an inner desire to learn more about who their wonderful, magnificent, awesome God is! If they do not, then there is a serious problem. In order to study about this great God, there is only one place we can go; to His written Word where He has revealed Himself. In addition to my brief argument of why theology is important and why every Christian should love it, here are ten additional well-put reasons why it is important to study theology. I have to admit that there were some I have never thought of prior to reading this.

http://cal.vini.st/2009/02/five-reasons-you-need-to-study-theology/
http://cal.vini.st/2009/03/another-five-reasons-you-need-to-study-theology/

May these encourage you, especially if you are one of those who falsely make the aformentioned statement in the first sentence of this note, to continue to study God's Word to learn about Who He is, what He has done, what He is currently doing in the Church, and what His perfect plans for the future are! May your study of the One in which there is none greater be enriching to you and most important, glorifying to Him!

In Christ,
Lee
Soli Deo Gloria!!!

No comments: